Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Thoughts



Happy Lego! Easter! He is risen! This morning our boys awoke to two fabric bags filled with second hand legos and a small chocolate bunny. They. Were. Thrilled. And I don't think they realized they could eat the bunny yet. I love holidays, celebrations, gift-giving. This scaled back Easter is hard on me but so so good for my heart. Because while part of me longingly imagines Easter baskets overflowing with trendy new clothes, favorite toys, and environmentally sustainable art supplies (I know- that one's just me!) the other part recognizes that we are one Easter basket short this year. There will be other years of color coordinated Easter clothes and baskets with special treats but this year we scaled back, as we have in every other area in anticipation of bringing an orphaned little girl into our home and telling her "you are accepted. You are family. You are loved." And isn't that what Easter is really about? Jesus paid our penalty and now welcomes us into His home and says "You are accepted. You are family. You are loved." 

"How marvelous! How wonderful! And my song shall ever be. How marvelous! How wonderful! Is my Savior's love for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment