Friday, November 13, 2015

Introducing...


If I told you my story
You would hear Hope that wouldn't let go
And if I told you my story
You would hear Love that never gave up
And if I told you my story
You would hear Life, but it wasn't mine


Introducing Mila Christine Nielsen*

It is our deepest desire that our sweet daughter will come to know a hope that won't let go, a love that never gives up, and a life lived in Christ. The story of her coming to our family is one that has forever changed us, bringing us closer to the heart of God than we could have ever dreamed. Our love for her- despite the physical distance between us- serves of a reminder of our Heavenly Father's deep love for us.  Irregardless of what we do or don't do, what we can physically or mentally handle, we are loved because we are His. His mercy extends through the darkness of our lostness, and triumphs.  We will forever be grateful for the beautiful picture of God's great mercy to us that our daughter has illuminated in our journey to her. Mila means mercy in Romanian- a language that will always hold a special place in our hearts for the precious faces that led us to say yes to adoption.  As Mila grows, we will tell her this part of her story- of the countless children who impacted Austin and I, of the friends, family, and strangers who prayed for her safe homecoming, and most importantly of the triumphant mercy of God.

If I should speak then let it be
Of the grace that is greater than all my sin
Of when justice was served and where mercy wins
Of the kindness of Jesus that draws me in
Oh to tell you my story is to tell of Him

* Mila is pronounced "mee-lah." Christine is a name given to nearly all the women in my side of the family, after my great- grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment